Why buy from us?
By buying from one of the largest authorised AVID Pro Tools dealers in the UK you can be assured that you are buying genuine software at very competitive prices.
This combined with our Pro Tools experts ready to answer your questions, amazing customer service and fast free delivery makes DS Music the place to buy Pro Tools.
Get Pro Tools now online or from our high-street store in Monmouth, South Wales.
Pro Tools (was Pro Tools 12), the industry standard
Upgrade to the latest version of Pro Tools - the industry standard amongst top producers, artists and recording studios globally. Now with 12 months of upgrades and support its never been a better time to upgrade to Pro Tools with an Annual Upgrade Plan.
Avid's *NEW* 12 Month Pro Tools Upgrade Plans
Avid have changed how Pro Tools upgrades work – Avid will make available new software feature upgrades as they are developed. To be eligible for these continued upgrades, you now purchase an 'Annual Upgrade Plan' which gives you 12 months of upgrades to ensure you are always on the latest version of Pro Tools. You then renew (optional) your 'Annual Upgrade Plan' every year ongoing. Some annual upgrade plans also come with Support. Note: This is the only way you can now upgrade and stay current with the latest version of Pro Tools.
Why should I upgrade to the latest version of Pro Tools?
The Annual Support Plan gives you 12 months of upgrades and support to keep you on the latest version of Pro Tools and to back you up when you need some help! New features available now/coming soon are:
- 12 Months of Upgrades Included - get the latest features as they are developed/released.
- 12 Months of Support Included - help when you need it (some annual upgrade plans do not include support - see product descriptions)
- Cloud Collaboration - work with your friends, bandmates, producer, etc. on sessions whereever you are
- Avid Marketplace Connection - publish & license your session files, multichannel stems, and stereo mixdowns in the public marketplace.
- Access your Work Anywhere - work locally or in the cloud.
- Manage & Track your Assets - manage, track and document every asset and project with universal metadata schema.
- Track Commit - Pro Tools lets you “commit” tracks, where a new track is created containing the audio rendered from the output of the source track.
- Batch Fades - The Batch Fades dialog lets you specify different msettings for Fade In, Crossfades, and Fade Out
- Clip Transparency
Avid Pro Tools Upgrade FAQs
How many computers/macs can I install ProTools on?
With Pro Tools you get a 1 user license which is held on your iLok Cloud account (not included with upgrades). You can install Pro Tools on as many computers as you like, however in order for Pro Tools to open you have to ensure you are logged into your iLok Cloud account
What happens if I do not renew my Pro Tools Annual Upgrade Plan?
If you decide not to renew your 'Pro Tools Annual Upgrade Plan', before it ends you will be able to keep the current version of Pro Tools and continue to use it ongoing after your 'Pro Tools Annual Upgrade Plan' ends. Note: if you choose this option and lapse your 'Pro Tools Annual Upgrade Plan' renewal and want to have the latest version of Pro Tools at a later date you will then have two options;
- Option 1: Purchase a ‘Pro Tools Annual Subscription’ which will give you a year’s worth of use, support and upgrades. Like any subscription, the terms needs to be renewed at the expiration or the software will cease to work.
- Option 2: Purchase a new Pro Tools perpetual license which comes with an ‘Annual Upgrade Plan’.
Is Pro Tools compatible with earlier versions of Pro Tools?
In the latest version of Pro Tools you can open sessions that you have created in previous versions of Pro Tools.
What are the PC and MAC system requirements?
Below you will find the recommended minimum requirements:
- macOS Catalina 10.15.7 - Ventura 13.4.
- M2, M1 or Intel Dual Core i5 or faster
- * Mojave is no longer tested, but is expected to work
- Windows 10, 11 (22H2)
- 64-bit Intel Core Processor (i3 2GHz or faster recommended)
For more information on supported computer models and operating systems, please click here
All Computer Systems:
- 8GB RAM
- Internet connection (needed for installation, activation)
- 15GB of free space for installation
- One or more hard disk drives dedicated for audio record and playback, formatted HFS+ Journaled for Mac or NTFS for Windows
- PCIe slot for HDX or HD Native card (incl. one power connection on motherboard)
- USB or Thunderbolt port for supported PCIe-chassis or HD Native Thunderbolt or other CoreAudio/ASIO supported audio device
- iLok account/access (iLok 2, iLok 3 (USB A or USB C), or iLok Cloud
To ensure the above information is up to date please check this here