Product Description by our Music Experts
If your 'Annual Upgrade Plan' has expired (ie Pro Tools 11 & 12) or you have never had an annual upgrade plan (ie Pro Tools 10 & below, including some other versions) the Pro Tools Annual Upgrade Plan 'Reninstatement' will take you to the latest version of Pro Tools with 12 months of Upgrades. Note: before purchasing please check you are eligible below in 'Is my version of Pro Tools eligible'.
- 12 months of Pro Tools Upgrades included
- Reinstate your 'expired' Pro Tools Annual Upgrade Plan (see below)
- Boxed Upgrade Plan Version (for Perpetual Licenses)
- For PC & MAC
Is my version of Pro Tools eligible?
You are eligible to purchase an 'Annual Upgrade Plan Reinstatement' if you meet one of the following criteria:
- Pro Tools perpetual 'full version' with an 'expired' upgrade plan - ie Pro Tools 10 and below did not come with an 'annual upgrade plan' so is eligible. Pro Tools 11 (most versions) & Pro Tools 12 came with an 'annual upgrade plan' - if your 'annual upgrade plan' has expired (log into your Avid Master Account to check) you are eligible for this product - if you are looking to 'renew' your Pro Tools Annual Upgrade Plan that has 'not expired yet' then you need the 'Renewal' option instead.
- Pro Tools M-Powered
- Pro Tools Express (Avid edition - that is supplied with Avid Mbox's)
What’s new in Pro Tools 12?
Whereas in the past there used to be one ‘big Pro Tools update’ every 1-3 years Avid are now releasing Pro Tools updates ‘as they are developed/released’. With the Pro Tools 12 Upgrade Plan you now get 12 months of upgrades and support to ensure you stay up-to-date with the latest version and get help when you need it! New features available now/coming soon are:
- 12 Months of Upgrades Included - stay current with the latest version of Pro Tools as new features are developed/released.
- Multi-layer audio editing - Easily clear overlaps, heal clips, trim starts and ends, and get faster access across multiple playlists with new key commands
- Edit playlists more easily - Quickly switch playlists with new key commands and automatically send overlapped clips to new or existing playlists
- Collaborate in the Cloud - work on a session from anywhere in the world with your friends, bandmates, producer, etc.
- Connection to the Avid Marketplace - publish your session files, multichannel stems, and stereo mixdowns directly from Pro Tools for license in the public marketplace.
- Access your Work Anywhere - store content and track it, locally or in the cloud.
- Manage & Track your Assets - universal metadata schema to help you manage, track, and document every asset and project you create.
- Track Commit - Pro Tools lets you “commit” tracks, where a new track is created containing the audio rendered from the output of the source track.
- Batch Fades - The Batch Fades dialog lets you specify different msettings for Fade In, Crossfades, and Fade Out
- Clip Transparency
Pro Tools 12 Annual Upgrade Plan FAQ’s
How many computers/macs can I install Pro Tools 12 on?
With Pro Tools you get a 1 user license which is held on your iLok 2 (not included - if you require one please purchase one here). You can install Pro Tools on as many computers as you like, however in order for Pro Tools to open you have to plug your iLok 2 (not included) into the USB port of your computer/MAC.
I have sessions created in earlier versions - is Pro Tools 12 compatible?
Yes you can open sessions created with early versions of Pro Tools in Pro Tools 12.
I need an audio interface - what do you recommend?
We stock a range of Focusrite Audio Interfaces which are perfect to use with Pro Tools 12 - take a look at Focusrite Audio Interfaces now.
What are the PC and MAC system requirements?
This is the ‘Boxed Version’ of Pro Tools Annual Upgrade Plan which is compatible with PC and MAC. Inside the box you will find an Activation Card and instructions in how to download Pro Tools 12. Below you will find the recommended minimum requirements:
Mac OS X 10.9.5 (Mavericks), 10.10.5 (Yosemite), 10.11.6 (El Captain) or 10.12 (Sierra), Intel® Core i5 processor, 8GB RAM (16GB or more recommended), Internet connection for installation, 15GB disk space for installation, USB-port for iLok authorization (iLok 2 or iLok 3 required), USB-port, FireWire-port or Thunderbolt-port for CoreAudio-supported audio device, Supports 64-bit AAX plug-ins in Pro Tools
Windows Windows 7 64-bit (Home Premium, Professional and Ultimate Editions), Windows 8/8.1 64-bit (Standard and Pro Editions) or Windows 10 64-bit (Enterprise, Pro, or Home Editions), Intel® Core i5 processor, 8GB RAM (16GB or more recommended), Internet connection for installation, 15GB disk space for installation, USB-port for iLok authorization (iLok 2 or iLok 3 required), USB-port or FireWire-port for ASIO-supported audio device, Supports 64-bit AAX plug-ins in Pro Tools