Product Description by our Music Experts
If your 'Annual Upgrade Plan' has expired (ie Pro Tools 11 & 12) or you have never had an annual upgrade plan (ie Pro Tools 10 & below, including some other versions) the Pro Tools New Annual Upgrade Plan will take you to the latest version of Pro Tools with 12 months of Upgrades. Note: before purchasing please check you are eligible below in 'Is my version of Pro Tools eligible'.
- 12 months of Pro Tools Upgrades included
- Reinstate your 'expired' Pro Tools Annual Upgrade Plan (see below)
- Boxed Upgrade Plan Version Incl. iLok Cloud (for Perpetual Licenses)
- For PC & MAC
Is my version of Pro Tools eligible?
You are eligible to purchase an 'New Annual Upgrade Plan' if you meet one of the following criteria:
- Pro Tools perpetual 'full version' with an 'expired' upgrade plan - ie Pro Tools 10 and below did not come with an 'annual upgrade plan' so is eligible. Pro Tools 11 (most versions), Pro Tools 12 and Pro Tools (from 2018) came with an 'annual upgrade plan' - if your 'annual upgrade plan' has expired (log into your Avid Master Account to check) you are eligible for this product - if you are looking to 'renew' your Pro Tools Annual Upgrade Plan that has 'not expired yet' then you need the 'Renewal' option instead.
- Pro Tools M-Powered
- Pro Tools Express (Avid edition - that is supplied with Avid Mbox's)
Do I need a 'physical' iLok? What is iLok Cloud?
In the past (Pro Tools 12 and earlier) you had to have a 'physical' iLok to store your Pro Tools License on - you could then only open Pro Tools on the computer/mac that had this physical iLok plugged into the USB Port. From 2018 Pro Tools now comes with a digital 'iLok Cloud' which is a digital way to store your Pro Tools License so there is no need for a 'physical' iLok. However if you would prefer to still use a 'physical' iLok this is also still possible (click her
Latest Version of Pro Tools
We always supply you with the 'latest' version of Pro Tools. You also get 12 months of upgrades and support included.
What’s new in Pro Tools?
Whereas in the past there used to be one ‘big Pro Tools update’ every 1-3 years Avid are now releasing Pro Tools updates ‘as they are developed/released’. With the Pro Tools Upgrade Plan you now get 12 months of upgrades and support to ensure you stay up-to-date with the latest version and get help when you need it! New features available now/coming soon are:
- 12 Months of Upgrades Included - stay current with the latest version of Pro Tools as new features are developed/released.
- Multi-layer audio editing - Easily clear overlaps, heal clips, trim starts and ends, and get faster access across multiple playlists with new key commands
- Edit playlists more easily - Quickly switch playlists with new key commands and automatically send overlapped clips to new or existing playlists
- Collaborate in the Cloud - work on a session from anywhere in the world with your friends, bandmates, producer, etc.
- Connection to the Avid Marketplace - publish your session files, multichannel stems, and stereo mixdowns directly from Pro Tools for license in the public marketplace.
- Access your Work Anywhere - store content and track it, locally or in the cloud.
- Manage & Track your Assets - universal metadata schema to help you manage, track, and document every asset and project you create.
- Track Commit - Pro Tools lets you “commit” tracks, where a new track is created containing the audio rendered from the output of the source track.
- Batch Fades - The Batch Fades dialog lets you specify different msettings for Fade In, Crossfades, and Fade Out
- Clip Transparency
Pro Tools Annual Upgrade Plan FAQ’s
How many computers/macs can I install Pro Tools on?
With Pro Tools you get a 1 user license which is held on your iLok Cloud account (included). You can install Pro Tools on as many computers as you like, however in order for Pro Tools to open you have to ensure you are logged into your iLok Cloud account.I have sessions created in earlier versions - is Pro Tools compatible?
Yes you can open sessions created with early versions of Pro Tools in the latest version of Pro Tools.
What is & why is a digital 'iLok Cloud' included?
In the past you had to have a 'physical' iLok to store your Pro Tools license on - then Pro Tools would only open up on a computer/mac that this 'physical' iLok is plugged into via the USB port. From 2018 Pro Tools a 'digital iLok' called the 'iLok Cloud' is included with all new Pro Tools licenses so there is no need for a 'physical' iLok anymore. However if you really want to use a 'physical' iLok this is also still possible.
What are the PC and MAC system requirements?
Below you will find the recommended minimum requirements:
Mac: Intel® Mac with Mac OS X 10.11.6, macOS 10.12.6 or 10.13.3, Intel® Core i5 processor (Pro Tools Standard) or Intel® Core i7 processor (Pro Tools Ultimate), 16GB RAM (32GB or more recommended),Internet connection for installation, 15GB disk space for installation, PCIe slot for HDX or HD Native card (incl. one power connection on motherboard), Thunderbolt-port for supported PCIe-chassis, or USB-port, FireWire-port or Thunderbolt-port for CoreAudio-supported audio device, Supports 64-bit AAX plug-ins in Pro Tools.
Windows: Intel® PC Windows 8.1 (Standard and Pro 64-bit Editions) and Windows 10 (Home, Pro, and Enterprise 64-bit Editions), Intel® Core i5 processor (Pro Tools Standard), Intel® Xeon processor (Pro Tools Ultimate), 16GB RAM (32GB or more recommended), Internet connection for installation, 15GB disk space for installation, PCIe slot for HDX or HD Native card (incl. one power connection on motherboard), or USB-port, FireWire-port for ASIO-supported audio device, Supports 64-bit AAX plug-ins in Pro Tools