Why buy from us?
By buying from one of the largest authorised AVID Pro Tools dealers in the UK you can be assured that you are buying genuine software at very competitive prices.
This combined with our Pro Tools experts ready to answer your questions, amazing customer service and fast free delivery makes DS Music the place to buy Pro Tools.
Get Pro Tools now online or from our high-street store in Monmouth, South Wales.
Buying Pro Tools Online
Pro Tools 12 is the no. 1 DAW and the industry standard in recording studios and amongst producers and artists all over the world. Pro Tools 12's powerful features will get you recording, composing, editing and mixing music and will amaze you. Its never been a better time to purchase Pro Tools as you now get an Annual Upgrade Plan included which gives you 12 months of upgrades and support! Buy Now!
- 12 months of upgrades included - stay on the latest version
- Get New Features as they are Developed/Released by Avid
- 12 months of support - if you need any help
- Compatible with PC & MAC
- The industry standard in professional recording studios
What’s new in Pro Tools 12?
New in Pro Tools 12, you now get 12 months of upgrades and support to make sure you are always on the latest version of Pro Tools! You can also buy Pro Tools as a perpetual licence or via annual subscription. New features available now/coming soon are:
- 12 Months of Upgrades Included - get new features as they are developed/released.
- 12 Months of Support Included - get support when you need it.
- Collaborate in the Cloud - work on sessions from anywhere in the world with your friends, bandmates, producer, etc.
- Connection to the Avid Marketplace - publish & license your session files, multichannel stems, and stereo mixdowns in the public marketplace.
- Access your Work Anywhere - store and track it, locally or in the cloud.
- Manage & Track your Assets - universal metadata schema - manage, track, and document your work.
- Track Commit - Pro Tools lets you “commit” tracks, where a new track is created containing the audio rendered from the output of the source track.
- Batch Fades - The Batch Fades dialog lets you specify different msettings for Fade In, Crossfades, and Fade Out
- Clip Transparency
Pro Tools 12 FAQs
What are the PC and MAC system requirements?
Pro Tools 12 is compatible with PC & MAC and you can also open sessions created in earlier versions of Pro Tools in Pro Tools 12. Here are the minimum recommended system requirements:
Mac OS X 10.9.5 (Mavericks), 10.10.5 (Yosemite), 10.11.6 (El Captain) or 10.12 (Sierra), Intel® Core i5 processor, 8GB RAM (16GB or more recommended), Internet connection for installation, 15GB disk space for installation, USB-port for iLok authorization (iLok 2 or iLok 3 required), USB-port, FireWire-port or Thunderbolt-port for CoreAudio-supported audio device, Supports 64-bit AAX plug-ins in Pro Tools
Windows Windows 7 64-bit (Home Premium, Professional and Ultimate Editions), Windows 8/8.1 64-bit (Standard and Pro Editions) or Windows 10 64-bit (Enterprise, Pro, or Home Editions), Intel® Core i5 processor, 8GB RAM (16GB or more recommended), Internet connection for installation, 15GB disk space for installation, USB-port for iLok authorization (iLok 2 or iLok 3 required), USB-port or FireWire-port for ASIO-supported audio device, Supports 64-bit AAX plug-ins in Pro Tools
Why do I need an iLok 2? Is there one included?
You get an iLok 2 included with the 'annual subscription' and boxed 'Perpetual Licence' version (note: the 'download perpetual license version' and 'upgrade plans' do not come with an iLok 2). The iLok 2 stores your Pro Tools license and you will need to have it plugged into your computer in order to open up Pro Tools. You can then install Pro Tools on a few computers and then simply plug your iLok 2 into the computer you wish to use Pro Tools on.
How many computers/macs can I install ProTools on?
You can install Pro Tools onto a few computers, however Pro Tools will only open when you have your iLok 2 plugged into the USB port. Pro Tools comes with a 1 user license and this is stored on your iLok 2.
Is Pro Tools 12 compatible with earlier versions of Pro Tools?
In Pro Tools 12 you can open sessions that you have created in previous versions of Pro Tools.