Why buy from us?
By buying from one of the largest authorised AVID Pro Tools Ultimate dealers in the UK you can be assured that you are buying genuine software at very competitive prices.
This combined with our Pro Tools Ultimate experts ready to answer your questions, amazing customer service and fast free delivery makes DS Music the place to buy Pro Tools Ultimate.
Get Pro Tools Ultimate now online or from our high-street store in Monmouth, South Wales.
Pro Tools Ultimate, the industry standard
Upgrade to the latest version of Pro Tools, Pro Tools Ultimate - the industry standard amongst top producers, artists and recording studios globally. Now with 12 months of upgrades and support its never been a better time to upgrade to Pro Tools Ultimate with an Annual Upgrade Plan.
Avid's *NEW* 12 Month Pro Tools Ultimate Upgrade Plans
Avid have changed how Pro Tools Ultimate upgrades work – Avid will make available new software feature upgrades as they are developed. To be eligible for these continued upgrades, you now purchase an 'Annual Upgrade Plan' which gives you 12 months of upgrades to ensure you are always on the latest version of Pro Tools Ultimate. You then renew (optional) your 'Annual Upgrade Plan' every year ongoing. Some annual upgrade plans also come with Support. Note: This is the only way you can now upgrade and stay current with the latest version of Pro Tools Ultimate.
Why should I upgrade to Pro Tools Ultimate?
The Annual Support Plan gives you 12 months of upgrades and support to keep you on the latest version of Pro Tools Ultimate and to back you up when you need some help! New features available now/coming soon are:
- 12 Months of Upgrades Included - get the latest features as they are developed/released.
- 12 Months of Support Included - help when you need it (some annual upgrade plans do not include support - see product descriptions)
- Cloud Collaboration - work with your friends, bandmates, producer, etc. on sessions whereever you are
- Avid Marketplace Connection - publish & license your session files, multichannel stems, and stereo mixdowns in the public marketplace.
- Access your Work Anywhere - work locally or in the cloud.
- Manage & Track your Assets - manage, track and document every asset and project with universal metadata schema.
- Track Commit - Pro Tools Ultimate lets you “commit” tracks, where a new track is created containing the audio rendered from the output of the source track.
- Batch Fades - The Batch Fades dialog lets you specify different msettings for Fade In, Crossfades, and Fade Out
- Clip Transparency
Avid Pro Tools Ultimate Upgrade FAQs
How many computers/macs can I install ProTools on?
Pro Tools Ultimate comes with a 1 user license that is stored on your iLok 2 (note included - if you do not have one please purchase here). You can install Pro Tools Ultimate on a few PCs/MACs, however Pro Tools Ultimate will only open on the computer you have your iLok 2 plugged into.
What happens if I do not renew my Pro Tools Ultimate Annual Upgrade Plan?
If you decide not to renew your Pro Tools HD or Pro Tools Ultimate 'Annual Upgrade Plan', before it ends you will be able to keep the current version of Pro Tools HD or Pro Tools Ultimate and continue to use it ongoing after your 'Annual Upgrade Plan' ends. Note: if you choose this option and lapse your Pro Tools HD or Pro Tools Ultimate 'Annual Upgrade Plan' renewal and want to have the latest version of Pro Tools Ultimate at a later date you will then have two options;
- Option 1: Purchase a ‘Pro Tools Ultimate Annual Subscription’ which will give you a year’s worth of use, support and upgrades. Like any subscription, the terms needs to be renewed at the expiration or the software will cease to work.
- Option 2: Purchase a new Pro Tools Ultimate perpetual license which comes with an ‘Annual Upgrade Plan’.
Is Pro Tools Ultimate compatible with earlier versions of Pro Tools HD and Pro Tools Ultimate?
In the latest version of Pro Tools Ultimate you can open sessions that you have created in previous versions of Pro Tools HD and Pro Tools Ultimate.
What are the PC and MAC system requirements?
Below you will find the recommended minimum requirements:
Mac: Intel® Mac with Mac OS X 10.11.6, macOS 10.12.6 or 10.13.3, Intel® Core i5 processor (Pro Tools Standard) or Intel® Core i7 processor (Pro Tools Ultimate), 16GB RAM (32GB or more recommended),Internet connection for installation, 15GB disk space for installation, PCIe slot for HDX or HD Native card (incl. one power connection on motherboard), Thunderbolt-port for supported PCIe-chassis, or USB-port, FireWire-port or Thunderbolt-port for CoreAudio-supported audio device, Supports 64-bit AAX plug-ins in Pro Tools.
Windows: Intel® PC Windows 8.1 (Standard and Pro 64-bit Editions) and Windows 10 (Home, Pro, and Enterprise 64-bit Editions), Intel® Core i5 processor (Pro Tools Standard), Intel® Xeon processor (Pro Tools Ultimate), 16GB RAM (32GB or more recommended), Internet connection for installation, 15GB disk space for installation, PCIe slot for HDX or HD Native card (incl. one power connection on motherboard), or USB-port, FireWire-port for ASIO-supported audio device, Supports 64-bit AAX plug-ins in Pro Tools