Product Description by our Music Experts
If your 'Annual Upgrade Plan' has expired (ie Pro Tools 11 HD, Pro Tools 12 HD or Pro Tools Ultimate) or you have never had an annual upgrade plan (ie Pro Tools 10 HD & below, including some other versions) the Pro Tools Ultimate New Annual Upgrade Plan will take you to the latest version of Pro Tools Ultimate with 12 months of Upgrades. Note: before purchasing please check you are eligible below in 'Is my version of Pro Tools HD/Ultimate eligible'.
- 12 months of Pro Tools Ultimate Upgrades included
- Reinstate your 'expired' Pro Tools HD or Pro Tools Ultimate 'Annual Upgrade Plan' (see below)
- Boxed Upgrade Plan Version (for Perpetual Licenses)
- For PC & MAC
Is my version of Pro Tools HD/Ultimate eligible?
You are eligible to purchase an 'New Annual Upgrade Plan' if you meet one of the following criteria:
- Pro Tools HD or Pro Tools Ultimate perpetual 'full version' with an 'expired' upgrade plan - ie Pro Tools 10 HD and below did not come with an 'annual upgrade plan' so is eligible. Pro Tools 11 HD (most versions), Pro Tools 12 HD and Pro Tools Ultimate came with an 'annual upgrade plan' - if your 'annual upgrade plan' has expired (log into your Avid Master Account to check) you are eligible for this product - if you are looking to 'renew' your Pro Tools HD or Pro Tools Ultimate Annual Upgrade Plan that has 'not expired yet' then you need the 'Renewal' option instead.
What’s new in Pro Tools Ultimate?
Whereas in the past there used to be one ‘big Pro Tools Ultimate update’ every 1-3 years Avid are now releasing Pro Tools Ultimate updates ‘as they are developed/released’. With the Pro Tools Ultimate Upgrade Plan you now get 12 months of upgrades and support to ensure you stay up-to-date with the latest version and get help when you need it! New features available now/coming soon are:
- 12 Months of Upgrades Included - stay current with the latest version of Pro Tools Ultimate as new features are developed/released.
- Multi-layer audio editing - Easily clear overlaps, heal clips, trim starts and ends, and get faster access across multiple playlists with new key commands
- Edit playlists more easily - Quickly switch playlists with new key commands and automatically send overlapped clips to new or existing playlists
- Collaborate in the Cloud - work on a session from anywhere in the world with your friends, bandmates, producer, etc.
- Connection to the Avid Marketplace - publish your session files, multichannel stems, and stereo mixdowns directly from Pro Tools Ultimate for license in the public marketplace.
- Access your Work Anywhere - store content and track it, locally or in the cloud.
- Manage & Track your Assets - universal metadata schema to help you manage, track, and document every asset and project you create.
- Track Commit - Pro Tools Ultimate lets you “commit” tracks, where a new track is created containing the audio rendered from the output of the source track.
- Batch Fades - The Batch Fades dialog lets you specify different msettings for Fade In, Crossfades, and Fade Out
- Clip Transparency
Pro Tools Ultimate Annual Upgrade Plan FAQ’s
How many computers/macs can I install Pro Tools Ultimate on?
With Pro Tools Ultimate you get a 1 user license which is held on your iLok 2 (not included - if you require one please purchase one here). You can install Pro Tools Ultimate on as many computers as you like, however in order for Pro Tools Ultimate to open you have to plug your iLok 2 (not included) into the USB port of your computer/MAC.
I have sessions created in earlier Pro Tools HD versions - is Pro Tools Ultimate compatible?
Yes you can open sessions created with early versions of Pro Tools HD in Pro Tools Ultimate.
What are the PC and MAC system requirements?
Below you will find the recommended minimum requirements:
Mac: Intel® Mac with Mac OS X 10.11.6, macOS 10.12.6 or 10.13.3, Intel® Core i5 processor (Pro Tools Standard) or Intel® Core i7 processor (Pro Tools Ultimate), 16GB RAM (32GB or more recommended),Internet connection for installation, 15GB disk space for installation, PCIe slot for HDX or HD Native card (incl. one power connection on motherboard), Thunderbolt-port for supported PCIe-chassis, or USB-port, FireWire-port or Thunderbolt-port for CoreAudio-supported audio device, Supports 64-bit AAX plug-ins in Pro Tools.
Windows: Intel® PC Windows 8.1 (Standard and Pro 64-bit Editions) and Windows 10 (Home, Pro, and Enterprise 64-bit Editions), Intel® Core i5 processor (Pro Tools Standard), Intel® Xeon processor (Pro Tools Ultimate), 16GB RAM (32GB or more recommended), Internet connection for installation, 15GB disk space for installation, PCIe slot for HDX or HD Native card (incl. one power connection on motherboard), or USB-port, FireWire-port for ASIO-supported audio device, Supports 64-bit AAX plug-ins in Pro Tools