Product Description by our Music Experts
The Jazz Piano Player Collection contains highlights from John Kember’s collection of arrangements of jazz standards in his series ‘The Jazz Piano Player', complete with a CD of recorded performances.
John Kember’s arrangements of iconic jazz standards
Aimed at aspiring jazz pianists, the jazz standards in The Jazz Piano Player Collection are arranged for solo pianist, at an intermediate-advanced level (grades 5-8) - ‘How high the moon’, ‘I get a kick out of you’, and ‘I’ve got you under my skin’ are some of the jazz favourites in the book. On the CD there are recordings of all of the pieces to hear how they sound, and on the music there are dynamics, articulation, chord diagrams and performance directions.
Useful guide to playing jazz chords
At the back of The Jazz Piano Player Collection there is a useful guide to playing jazz chords, including tips on inversions, suspended 4ths, 6ths, 7ths, 11ths and 13ths - perfect for pianists who are new to jazz.
- Come rain or come shine - H. Arlen
- How high the moon - M. Lewis
- I could write a book - R. Rodgers
- I didn't know what time it was - R. Rodgers
- I get a kick out of you - C. Porter
- I loves you, Porgy - G. Gershwin, I. Gershwin, D.B. Heyward
- In a sentimental mood - D. Ellington, I. Mills, M. Kurtz
- I've got you under my skin - C. Porter
- Let's call the whole thing off - G. Gershwin, I. Gershwin
- Let's do it (let's fall in love) - C. Porter
- My funny Valentine - R. Rodgers
- Summertime - G. Gershwin, D.B. Heyward, D. Heyward, I. Gershwin
- There's a small hotel - R Rodgers
- They can't take that away from me - I. Gershwin, G. Gershwin
- Try to remember - H. Schmidt
- You make me feel so young - J.J. Myrow