Product Description by our Music Experts
Really Easy Piano Classical Favourites has 24 well-loved classical pieces arranged for really easy solo piano, perfect for your first adventure in to classical repertoire, with composers like Elgar, Pachabel, Mozart, and Massenet!
A range of classical styles made easy!
These pieces in Really Easy Piano Classical Favourites are written by many famous composers from a range of ‘classical’ styles for easy solo piano (grades 1-3); Bach (baroque), Chopin (romantic) and contemporary Argentinian composer Piazolla, who incorporates elements of jazz and classical music.
Handy hints and playing tips
Each piece in Really Easy Piano Classical Favourites has some useful hints about dynamics, musical terms, how to practise certain sections, the feel of the piece, things to watch out for in the music, tempo, articulation, and how to achieve musical effects. The music is marked with dynamics, articulation, fingerings, performance directions, tempo markings.
Improve your musical knowledge
There is a short introduction to each piece in the Really Easy Piano Classical Favourites book, which includes information about the composer and the style, as well as specific background to the piece. This is a great, practical way to improve your theory and general musical knowledge! You will get to know different composers and styles by playing their pieces - there is no better way to learn! Printed chord symbols can also help you learn about the chord progressions used in classical music.
- Air on the G string - J.S. Bach
- Brindisi (La Traviata) - G. Verdi
- Canon in D - J. Pachelbel
- Chanson de Matin - E. Elgar
- Entr’acte (Rosamunde) - F. Schubert
- Für Elise - L.V. Beethoven
- Habanera (Carmen) - Bizet
- Humoresque in Gb (Op. 101 No. 7) - A. Dvořák
- Hungarian Dance No. 5 in G minor - J. Brahms
- Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring - J.S. Bach
- La Fille Aux Cheveux De Lin - C. Debussy
- Lacrimosa (Requiem Mass) - W.A. Mozart
- Liebesträume No. 3 - F. Liszt
- Lullaby - J. Brahms
- Méditation (Thaïs) - J. Massenet
- ‘Moonlight’ Piano Sonata No. 14 in C# minor - L.V. Beethoven
- Nocturne in Eb, Op.9, No. 2 - F. Chopin
- Oblivion - A. Piazolla
- Piano concerto No. 21 in C major - W.A. Mozart
- ‘Raindrop’ Prelude No. 15 in Db - F. Chopin
- Rondo in D minor (Abdelazer) - H. Purcell
- Sabre dance (Gayane) - A. Khachaturian
- Salut d’Amour - E. Elgar
- Träumerei - R. Schumann