Product Description by our Music Experts
Sarah Watts Red Hot Recorder tutor book (with CD) is designed for beginners over the age of 9 who want to play the recorder and have a knowledge of basic music theory.
The book takes you through 10 'Music Sets' in which you will be introduced to a new note each time (B, A, G, E, D, F-sharp, C, D, C-sharp and F) with new music notation techniques and theory.
Each 'set' is made up of:
- a brief introduction to the note
- fingering diagrams - so that you can see how to play each note
- rhythm sessions – containing rhythmic patterns for you to clap to
- 2x practice patterns/exercises
- 3x original pieces
- playing techniques and tips
- suggested further repertoire to practice
There is also a CD included with the Red Hot Recorder Tutor book, contains both a track of the full performance so that you can hear how the piece should sound and a backing track omitting the recorder part so that you can perform like a professional in front of all your family and friends.