Product Description by our Music Experts
Renew your Pro Tools Ultimate (formally Pro Tools HD) Annual Upgrade Plan to get the latest version of Pro Tools Ultimate - the industry standard digital audio workstation (DAW) in professional recording studios. Note: before purchasing please check you are eligible below in 'Is my version of Pro Tools Ultimate eligible'.
- 12 months of Pro Tools Ultimate Upgrades included
- Reduced Price for Renewing your Pro Tools Ultimate Annual Upgrade Plan
- Boxed Upgrade Plan Version (for Perpetual Licenses)
- For PC & MAC
Is my version of Pro Tools Ultimate eligible?
If you have an 'active' Pro Tools Ultimate or Pro Tools HD 'Annual Upgrade Plan' for your perpetual Pro Tools Ultimate license that has not expired yet you can purchase this Pro Tools Ultimate Annual Upgrade Plan 'Renewal' - to check if your annual upgrade plan is 'active' (ie not ended) please log into your Avid Master Account. You will need to purchase/activate this product 'before' your Pro Tools Ultimate Annual Upgrade Plan expires.
If you 'do not have an active' Pro Tools Ultimate Annual Upgrade Plan then you will need to purchase a Pro Tools Ultimate Annual Upgrade Plan 'Reinstatement' instead - please find this here. If you have the 'non-Ultimate/non-HD' full version of Pro Tools 11, 12 or 2018 then you can upgrade to Pro Tools Ultimate here.
What’s new in Pro Tools Ultimate?
Whereas in the past there used to be one ‘big Pro Tools Ultimate update’ every 1-3 years Avid are now releasing Pro Tools Ultimate updates ‘as they are developed/released’. With the Pro Tools Ultimate Upgrade Plan you now get 12 months of upgrades to ensure you stay up-to-date with the latest version! New features available now/coming soon are:
- 12 Months of Upgrades Included - stay current with the latest version of Pro Tools Ultimate as new features are developed/released.
- Multi-layer audio editing - Easily clear overlaps, heal clips, trim starts and ends, and get faster access across multiple playlists with new key commands
- Edit playlists more easily - Quickly switch playlists with new key commands and automatically send overlapped clips to new or existing playlists
- Collaborate in the Cloud - work on a session from anywhere in the world with your friends, bandmates, producer, etc.
- Connection to the Avid Marketplace - publish your session files, multichannel stems, and stereo mixdowns directly from Pro Tools Ultimate for license in the public marketplace.
- Access your Work Anywhere - store content and track it, locally or in the cloud.
- Manage & Track your Assets - universal metadata schema to help you manage, track, and document every asset and project you create.
- Track Commit - Pro Tools Ultimate lets you “commit” tracks, where a new track is created containing the audio rendered from the output of the source track.
- Batch Fades - The Batch Fades dialog lets you specify different msettings for Fade In, Crossfades, and Fade Out
- Clip Transparency
Pro Tools Ultimate Annual Upgrade Plan FAQ’s
How many computers/macs can I install Pro Tools Ultimate on?
With Pro Tools Ultimate you get a 1 user license which is held on your iLok 2 (not included - if you require one please purchase one here). You can install Pro Tools Ultimate on as many computers as you like, however in order for Pro Tools Ultimate to open you have to plug your iLok 2 (not included) into the USB port of your computer/MAC.
I have sessions created in earlier versions - is Pro Tools Ultimate compatible?
Yes you can open sessions created with early versions of Pro Tools Ultimate in Pro Tools Ultimate.
What are the PC and MAC system requirements?
Below you will find the recommended minimum requirements:
Mac: Intel® Mac with Mac OS X 10.11.6, macOS 10.12.6 or 10.13.3, Intel® Core i5 processor (Pro Tools Standard) or Intel® Core i7 processor (Pro Tools Ultimate), 16GB RAM (32GB or more recommended),Internet connection for installation, 15GB disk space for installation, PCIe slot for HDX or HD Native card (incl. one power connection on motherboard), Thunderbolt-port for supported PCIe-chassis, or USB-port, FireWire-port or Thunderbolt-port for CoreAudio-supported audio device, Supports 64-bit AAX plug-ins in Pro Tools.
Windows: Intel® PC Windows 8.1 (Standard and Pro 64-bit Editions) and Windows 10 (Home, Pro, and Enterprise 64-bit Editions), Intel® Core i5 processor (Pro Tools Standard), Intel® Xeon processor (Pro Tools Ultimate), 16GB RAM (32GB or more recommended), Internet connection for installation, 15GB disk space for installation, PCIe slot for HDX or HD Native card (incl. one power connection on motherboard), or USB-port, FireWire-port for ASIO-supported audio device, Supports 64-bit AAX plug-ins in Pro Tools