Product Description by our Music Experts
Piano Time Jazz Book 2 is the second part of Pauline Hall’s introduction to jazzy styles for beginner pianists, and contains a fantastic collection of 24 easy jazzy tunes in a variety of styles, including reggae, blues, ragtime and swing!
Making jazz simple & fun!
This book builds on the introduction to the jazzy world found in the previous Piano Time Jazz Book, so you can take the next step towards mastering these cool styles - the pieces sound even more impressive, while remaining simple to play (this book is around grade 1-2 standard). Piano Time Jazz Book 2 provides a really cool and challenging alternative to the standard beginner piano repertoire, with fun song titles such as ‘High Street Blues’, Tango Argentina’ & ‘Lively Lion’. Funny lyrics to some of the tunes and comical illustrations make Piano Time Jazz Book 2 a really engaging for beginner pianists, and the music is marked with handy playing tips as well as articulation, dynamics, fingerings, and performance directions.
Part of a popular beginner series
Pauline Halls’ Piano Time is a very popular book series for beginner pianists, well-loved by students and teachers alike for their fun tunes and simple arrangements. Piano Time Jazz Book 2 is around the level of Piano Time 3.
- Cat’s eyes - D. Blackwell
- Chase in the dark - D. Blackwell
- Clear water - D. Blackwell
- Funfair - P. Hall
- Go with the flow - A. Bullard
- Head in the clouds - A. Bullard
- High Street blues - A. Bullard
- Late at night - F. Macardle
- Lively lion - K. Wooding
- Moody Max - D. Blackwell
- Ol’ man boogie blues - P. Gritton
- Polka dots - D. Blackwell
- Promise! - R. Skeaping
- Railroad blues - D. Blackwell
- Reggae stamp - F. Macardle
- Round the bend - A. Bullard
- Snowball rag - F. Macardle
- Star gazing - A. Bullard
- Tango Argentina - P. Hall
- Three-quarter time - A. Bullard
- Waltz for Alice- R. Stratford
- Warm starry nights - S. Duro
- Warm up - R. Stratford
- Whistle stop - P. Drayton