Product Description by our Music Experts
As a student or teacher you can purchase a Pro Tools Upgrade Plan for Students & Teachers which is exactly the same as the Pro Tools Upgrade Plan but with an educational discount (before purchasing please check you are eligible) (6th form music student are also eligible).
- Perfect for 6th form (music), College & University students & teachers
- Exactly the same as Pro Tools Upgrade Plan but with a big educational discount
- 12 months of Pro Tools Upgrades included
- 12 months of Support included
- Boxed Upgrade Plan Version (for Perpetual Licenses) Incl. iLok Cloud
- For PC & MAC
Do I need a 'physical' iLok? What is iLok Cloud?
In the past (Pro Tools 12 and earlier) you had to have a 'physical' iLok to store your Pro Tools License on - you could then only open Pro Tools on the computer/mac that had this physical iLok plugged into the USB Port. From 2018 Pro Tools now comes with a digital 'iLok Cloud' which is a digital way to store your Pro Tools License so there is no need for a 'physical' iLok. However if you would prefer to still use a 'physical' iLok this is also still possible (click her
Is my version of Pro Tools eligible?
You are eligible to purchase an 'Annual Upgrade Plan' if you own one of the following perpetual licenses:
- Pro Tools perpetual 'full version' up to & incl. version 12 (incl. Student/Teacher Versions), or Pro Tools (from 2018 onwards)
- Pro Tools M-Powered
- Pro Tools Express (Avid edition - supplied with Avid M-Box's)
Latest Version of Pro Tools
We always supply you with the 'latest' version of Pro Tools. You also get 12 months of upgrades and support included.
What’s new in Pro Tools?
Whereas in the past there used to be one ‘big Pro Tools update’ every 1-3 years Avid are now releasing Pro Tools updates ‘as they are developed/released’. With the Pro Tools Upgrade Plan for Students & Teachers you now get 12 months of upgrades and support to ensure you stay up-to-date with the latest version and get help when you need it! New features available now/coming soon are:
- 12 Months of Upgrades Included - stay current with the latest version of Pro Tools as new features are developed/released.
- 12 Months of Support Included - get support when you need it.
- Multi-layer audio editing - Easily clear overlaps, heal clips, trim starts and ends, and get faster access across multiple playlists with new key commands
- Edit playlists more easily - Quickly switch playlists with new key commands and automatically send overlapped clips to new or existing playlists
- Collaborate in the Cloud - work on a session from anywhere in the world with your friends, bandmates, producer, etc.
- Connection to the Avid Marketplace - publish your session files, multichannel stems, and stereo mixdowns directly from Pro Tools for license in the public marketplace.
- Access your Work Anywhere - store content and track it, locally or in the cloud.
- Manage & Track your Assets - universal metadata schema to help you manage, track, and document every asset and project you create.
- Track Commit - Pro Tools lets you “commit” tracks, where a new track is created containing the audio rendered from the output of the source track.
- Batch Fades - The Batch Fades dialog lets you specify different msettings for Fade In, Crossfades, and Fade Out
- Clip Transparency
Pro Tools Annual Upgrade Plan for Students & Teachers FAQ’s
Am I eligible for the student/teacher discount?
AS Level/A level (music students only), College & University Students and secondary school, college & University Teachers are eligible. Please visit this link to ensure you are eligible for the student/teacher discount.
How does the student/teacher verification process work?
After you purchase and receive your Pro Tools Annual Upgrade Plan for Students & Teachers you will be required to verify that you are eligible for the student discount. Inside the box you will find instructions where you will need to upload a document on Avid’s website to prove you are eligible. Avid will then come back to you with your serial number, etc with (usually within 48 hours). In the meantime you can install Pro Tools straight away and it will be fully functional for 30 days.
How much student/teacher discount do I get?
The full version of Pro Tools Annual Upgrade Plan is usually around £160 so as a 6th form (music), college or University student or teacher you receive a massive education discount price. The educational price is the price shows at the top of this page (there is no further reduction available).
How many computers/macs can I install Pro Tools on?
With Pro Tools you get a 1 user license which is held on your iLok Cloud account (included). You can install Pro Tools on as many computers as you like, however in order for Pro Tools to open you have to ensure you are logged into your iLok Cloud account.
I have sessions created in earlier versions - is Pro Tools compatible?
Yes you can open sessions created with early versions of Pro Tools in the latest version of Pro Tools.
What is & why is a digital 'iLok Cloud' included?
In the past you had to have a 'physical' iLok to store your Pro Tools license on - then Pro Tools would only open up on a computer/mac that this 'physical' iLok is plugged into via the USB port. From 2018 Pro Tools a 'digital iLok' called the 'iLok Cloud' is included with all new Pro Tools licenses so there is no need for a 'physical' iLok anymore. However if you really want to use a 'physical' iLok this is also still possible.
What are the PC and MAC system requirements?
Below you will find the recommended minimum requirements:
Mac: Intel® Mac with Mac OS X 10.8.5 (only supported below Pro Tools 12.5), 10.9.5 (only supported below Pro Tools 12.8), 10.10.5 (only supported below Pro Tools 12.8.2), 10.11.6, 10.12.6 (only supported with Pro Tools 12.8 and above) or 10.13.2 (Pro Tools 12.8.3 and above).
Windows: Intel® PC Windows 8.1 (Standard and Pro 64-bit Editions) and Windows 10 (Home, Pro, and Enterprise 64-bit Editions), Intel® Core i5 processor (Pro Tools Standard), Intel® Xeon processor (Pro Tools Ultimate), 16GB RAM (32GB or more recommended), Internet connection for installation, 15GB disk space for installation, PCIe slot for HDX or HD Native card (incl. one power connection on motherboard), or USB-port, FireWire-port for ASIO-supported audio device, Supports 64-bit AAX plug-ins in Pro Tools