Product Description by our Music Experts
Pro Tools is the industry standard digital audio workstation (DAW) in professional recording studios and allows you to record, compose, edit and mix music.
- 12 months of Upgrades included
- 12 months of Support included
- Boxed Version (Perpetual License): iLok 2 & Download Instructions included (Annual Subscription versions also available)
- For PC & MAC
The Industry Standard
Pro Tools is the world’s leading digital audio workstation (DAW) and is used by professional producers, artists and recording studios. The combination of powerful features and workflows sets Pro Tools 12 above all other DAWs.
What’s new in Pro Tools 12?
Whereas in the past there used to be one ‘big Pro Tools update’ every 1-3 years Avid are now releasing Pro Tools updates ‘as they are developed/released’. With Pro Tools 12 you now get 12 months of upgrades and support to ensure you stay up-to-date with the latest version and get help when you need it! New features available now/coming soon are:
- 12 Months of Upgrades Included - stay current with the latest version of Pro Tools as new features are developed/released.
- 12 Months of Support Included - get support when you need it.
- Multi-layer audio editing - Easily clear overlaps, heal clips, trim starts and ends, and get faster access across multiple playlists with new key commands
- Edit playlists more easily - Quickly switch playlists with new key commands and automatically send overlapped clips to new or existing playlists
- Collaborate in the Cloud - work on a session from anywhere in the world with your friends, bandmates, producer, etc.
- Connection to the Avid Marketplace - publish your session files, multichannel stems, and stereo mixdowns directly from Pro Tools for license in the public marketplace.
- Access your Work Anywhere - store content and track it, locally or in the cloud.
- Manage & Track your Assets - universal metadata schema to help you manage, track, and document every asset and project you create.
- Track Commit - Pro Tools lets you “commit” tracks, where a new track is created containing the audio rendered from the output of the source track.
- Batch Fades - The Batch Fades dialog lets you specify different msettings for Fade In, Crossfades, and Fade Out
- Clip Transparency
Pro Tools 12 FAQ’s
How many computers/macs can I install Pro Tools 12 on?
With Pro Tools 12 you get a 1 user license which is held on your iLok 2 (included). You can install Pro Tools 12 on as many computers as you like, however in order for Pro Tools 12 to open you have to plug your iLok 2 into the USB port of your computer/MAC.
I have sessions created in earlier versions - is Pro Tools 12 compatible?
Yes you can open sessions created with early versions of Pro Tools in Pro Tools 12.
I need an audio interface - what do you recommend?
We stock a range of Focusrite Audio Interfaces which are perfect to use with Pro Tools 12 - take a look at Focusrite Audio Interfaces now.
Why is an 'iLok 2' included?
An iLok 2 is included with this 'boxed' version of Pro Tools 12. In order for Pro Tools 12 to open you have to have your iLok 2 plugged into your MAC/PC as the iLok 2 stores your Pro Tools 12 license.
What are the PC and MAC system requirements?
This is the ‘Boxed Version’ of Pro Tools 12 which is compatible with PC and MAC. Inside the box you will find an iLok 2, Activation Card and instruction in how to download Pro Tools 12. Below you will find the recommended minimum requirements:
Mac OS X 10.9.5 (Mavericks), 10.10.5 (Yosemite), 10.11.6 (El Captain) or 10.12 (Sierra), Intel® Core i5 processor, 8GB RAM (16GB or more recommended), Internet connection for installation, 15GB disk space for installation, USB-port for iLok authorization (iLok 2 or iLok 3 required), USB-port, FireWire-port or Thunderbolt-port for CoreAudio-supported audio device, Supports 64-bit AAX plug-ins in Pro Tools
Windows Windows 7 64-bit (Home Premium, Professional and Ultimate Editions), Windows 8/8.1 64-bit (Standard and Pro Editions) or Windows 10 64-bit (Enterprise, Pro, or Home Editions), Intel® Core i5 processor, 8GB RAM (16GB or more recommended), Internet connection for installation, 15GB disk space for installation, USB-port for iLok authorization (iLok 2 or iLok 3 required), USB-port or FireWire-port for ASIO-supported audio device, Supports 64-bit AAX plug-ins in Pro Tools