Product Description by our Music Experts
As a school, college or University you can purchase Pro Tools 12 Annual Subscription for Secondary Schools, Colleges & Universities which is exactly the same as the Pro Tools 12 (Annual Subscription) but with an educational discount.
- Perfect for Secondary Schools, Colleges & Universities
- Exactly the same as Pro Tools 12 but with a big educational discount
- 12 months of Upgrades included
- 12 months of Support included
- Boxed Annual Subscription Version Incl. iLok 2 (Boxed (perpetual license) version also available)
- For PC & MAC
Annual Subscription - more affordable
The Pro Tools Annual Subscription gives you a years worth of use, upgrades and support. As with all subscriptions the terms needs to be renewed at the expiration or the software will cease to work. By purchasing via an annual subscription the upfront outlay is much smaller and you are always up-to-date with the latest version of Pro Tools and can access support when you need it.
The Industry Standard with Academic Discount
Pro Tools is the world’s leading digital audio workstation (DAW) and is used by professional producers, artists and recording studios. By purchasing Pro Tools 12 Annual Subscription for Secondary Schools, Colleges & Universities you will be using the very same version to record, compose, edit or mix - the world is your oyster! The combination of powerful features and workflows sets Pro Tools 12 above all other DAWs.
What’s new in Pro Tools 12?
Whereas in the past there used to be one ‘big Pro Tools update’ every 1-3 years Avid are now releasing Pro Tools updates ‘as they are developed/released’. With Pro Tools 12 Annual Subscription for Schools & Universities you now get 12 months of upgrades and support to ensure you stay up-to-date with the latest version and get help when you need it! New features available now/coming soon are:
- 12 Months of Upgrades Included - stay current with the latest version of Pro Tools as new features are developed/released.
- 12 Months of Support Included - get support when you need it.
- Multi-layer audio editing - Easily clear overlaps, heal clips, trim starts and ends, and get faster access across multiple playlists with new key commands
- Edit playlists more easily - Quickly switch playlists with new key commands and automatically send overlapped clips to new or existing playlists
- Collaborate in the Cloud - work on a session from anywhere in the world with your friends, bandmates, producer, etc.
- Connection to the Avid Marketplace - publish your session files, multichannel stems, and stereo mixdowns directly from Pro Tools for license in the public marketplace.
- Access your Work Anywhere - store content and track it, locally or in the cloud.
- Manage & Track your Assets - universal metadata schema to help you manage, track, and document every asset and project you create.
- Track Commit - Pro Tools lets you “commit” tracks, where a new track is created containing the audio rendered from the output of the source track.
- Batch Fades - The Batch Fades dialog lets you specify different msettings for Fade In, Crossfades, and Fade Out
- Clip Transparency
Pro Tools 12 Annual Subscription for Schools & Universities FAQ’s
Is my secondary school, college or University eligible?
As long as you are a secondary school, college or University you are eligible for the academic discount price.
How does the academic verification process work?
After you purchase and receive Pro Tools 12 Annual Subscription for Schools & Universities you will be required to verify that your academic status. Inside the box you will find instructions where you will need to upload a document on Avid’s website to prove you are eligible. Avid will then come back to you with your serial number, etc with (usually within 48 hours). In the meantime you can install Pro Tools 12 straight away and it will be fully functional for 30 days.
How much academic discount do I get?
The full version of Pro Tools 12 Annual Subscription is usually around £300 per year so as a secondary school, college or University you receive a massive education discount price. The educational price is the price shows at the top of this page (there is no further reduction available).
How many computers/macs can I install Pro Tools 12 on?
With Pro Tools 12 you get a 1 user license which is held on your iLok 2 (included). You can install Pro Tools 12 on as many computers as you like, however in order for Pro Tools 12 to open you have to plug your iLok 2 into the USB port of your computer/MAC.
I have sessions created in earlier versions - is Pro Tools 12 compatible?
Yes you can open sessions created with early versions of Pro Tools in Pro Tools 12.
I need an audio interface - what do you recommend?
We stock a range of Focusrite Audio Interfaces which are perfect to use with Pro Tools 12 - take a look at Focusrite Audio Interfaces now.
Why is an 'iLok 2' included?
An iLok 2 is included with this 'boxed' version of Pro Tools 12. In order for Pro Tools 12 to open you have to have your iLok 2 plugged into your MAC/PC as the iLok 2 stores your Pro Tools 12 license.
What are the PC and MAC system requirements?
This is the ‘Boxed Version’ of Pro Tools 12 which is compatible with PC and MAC. Inside the box you will find an iLok 2, Activation Card and instruction in how to download Pro Tools 12. Below you will find the recommended minimum requirements:
Mac OS X 10.9.5 (Mavericks), 10.10.5 (Yosemite), 10.11.6 (El Captain) or 10.12 (Sierra), Intel® Core i5 processor, 8GB RAM (16GB or more recommended), Internet connection for installation, 15GB disk space for installation, USB-port for iLok authorization (iLok 2 or iLok 3 required), USB-port, FireWire-port or Thunderbolt-port for CoreAudio-supported audio device, Supports 64-bit AAX plug-ins in Pro Tools
Windows Windows 7 64-bit (Home Premium, Professional and Ultimate Editions), Windows 8/8.1 64-bit (Standard and Pro Editions) or Windows 10 64-bit (Enterprise, Pro, or Home Editions), Intel® Core i5 processor, 8GB RAM (16GB or more recommended), Internet connection for installation, 15GB disk space for installation, USB-port for iLok authorization (iLok 2 or iLok 3 required), USB-port or FireWire-port for ASIO-supported audio device, Supports 64-bit AAX plug-ins in Pro Tools