Product Description by our Music Experts
This ABRSM grade 2 flute exam book contains nine printed repertoire pieces you will need for your flute exam complete with piano accompaniment parts and CD. For your grade 2 flute exam, you will need to choose three pieces from this book from the wide choice of musical styles. This edition includes a CD of example performances of all the grade 2 flute exam pieces to help you choose which ones you want to play. The CD also contains backing piano accompaniments so that you can prepare for your exam in the comfort of your own home – you can also freely download ABRSM's Speed-Shifter software which allows you practice the pieces at a slower speed.
Interesting background information given in the footnotes of each piece, biographic information about the composer and origins of the piece bring them to life and help you imagine the context in which the piece was written and so helping you play as the composer originally intended.
The sections of your exam
1. Michel Blavet (1700–68) Minuet 2
2. Franz Schubert (1797–1828) Marche militaire, D. 733 No. 1, arr. Ian Denley 3
3. Georg Philipp Telemann (1681–1767) Menuet: second movement from 4 Hochzeit-Divertissement
1. Joachim Andersen (1847–1909) Hungarian Fantaisie, Op. 2 5
2. James Rae Naughty, but Nice!: No. 3 from Easy Jazzy Flute 6
3. John Philip Sousa (1854–1932) The Liberty Bell, arr. Ian Denley 7
1. Giuseppe Gariboldi (1833–1905) Study in G: No. 18 from First Exercises for Flute 8
2. Michael Rose Humoreske: from A Miscellany for Flute, Book I 9
3. Sarah Watts Study in Purple: from Fresh Air for Flute