Product Description by our Music Experts
The ABRSM Grade 2 Piano Scales & Arpeggios book contains all the scales and arpeggios that you will need to know for your ABRSM piano grade 2 exam.
Everything you need for your ABRSM Grade 2 Piano scales test
As part of your ABRSM grade 2 piano exam, you will be asked to play some piano scales from memory. The ABRSM Grade 2 Piano Scales book contains all the scales and arpeggios you will need to know for your exam, along with a useful information page at the front of the book about: the benefits of practising scales, useful information about pitch, tempo, fingering, and how you will be tested/what the examiner will be looking for on the day of your grade 2 piano exam. All of the scales in the ABRSM Grade 2 Piano Scales and Broken Chords book are printed in appropriate time and key signatures, with (optional) fingering suggestions:
- Scales (similar motion) inG, D, A, & F majors, and E, D, & G minors (natural orharmonic ormelodic at candidate’s choice), hands together andseparately, 2 octaves. Natural minor scales are not in this book but are available to download from ABRSM’s website.
- Contrary-motion scales inC and E majors hands beginning on the key-note (unison), 2 octaves
- Chromatic scale beginning on D hands separately, 1 octave
- Arpeggios inG, D and A majors, D and G minors, hands separately, 2 octaves
- Broken chords inF major and E minor, hands separately, 2 octaves
The sections of your exam
Your ABRSM grade 2 piano exam is made up of four sections: a short test of these scales and arpeggios (in this ABRSM Grade 2 Piano Scales and Arpeggios book), three pieces chosen by you from the ABRSM Piano Grade 2 pieces book, sight-reading, and aural tests. For more info about ABRSM exams, please visit our ABRSM exams guide!